VII. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
A. Right to Know and Access to Specific Information
California residents have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you, we will disclose to you, to the extent permitted by law:
- The categories of Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for your Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting your Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your Information.
- If we disclosed your Information for a business purpose, the Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You shall have the right to request that the Information described above be provided to you in a portable and readily useable format, to the extent technically feasible (“data portability”). We do not sell your Information.
B. Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete certain of your personal Information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
To the extent that we can delete your Information, once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Information, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the Information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected your Information, provide a good or service that you requested, or take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the Information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
C. Exercising Your Right to Know and Right to Deletion
To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Emailing us at email@example.com; or
Calling us at 1-877-352-0077
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a twelve (12) month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
D. Authorized Agent
You may use an authorized agent to submit verifiable consumer requests on your behalf. As authorized agent is a natural person or a business entity that you have authorized to act on your behalf. If you use an authorized agent, we will require: (1) proof of written permission for the authorized agent to make requests on your behalf, and identity verification from you, or (2) proof of power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code sections 4000 to 4665. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proper verification proof.
E. Notice of Financial Incentive
As an incentive for providing us with your Information, you may receive a financial benefit in the form of an email coupon, discount, rebate, free sample, promotions, or other similar reward that will be sent to you. This discount may constitute a financial incentive under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“Financial Incentive”). The categories of personal Information required for us to provide the Financial Incentives include personal identifiers such as full name and contact information including email address as well as personal and demographic information you choose to provide.
To offer these discounts, we may track your personal Information, such as purchase history and other demographic data. You have the right to withdraw from the Financial Incentive at any time by submitting a request to. Please note that if you request deletion of part or all your personal Information, that could affect your ability to qualify for the discount.
We may not, and will not, treat you differently because of your Data Subject Request activity. As a result of your Data Subject Request activity, we may not and will not deny goods or services to you, charge different rates for goods or services, provide a different level quality of goods or services, or suggest any of the preceding will occur. However, we can and may charge you a different rate, or provide a different level of quality, if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided by your Information.
G. Verifying Requests
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, if you request access to or deletion of your Information, we will take steps and may require you to provide certain information to verify your identity before granting you access to your Information or complying with your request. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of Information, we may require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose Information is the subject of the request. If you designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so and to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above).
H. Shine the Light Requests
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to opt out of the disclosure of your Information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make an opt-out request of such disclosures, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. Additional Information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request. This statement is available in alternative formats upon request by contacting email@example.com or calling us at 1-877-352-0077.